Trail Butter's latest Butter4Good blend, Ginger Snap, might not be around forever, but while it is we highly recommend filling your kitchen with the aroma (and your belly with the deliciousness) of Ma Boggs' Ginger Snap Gingerbread.
Add this recipe to your holiday menu - it's sure to be a Friendsgiving fave! With the addition of Trail Butter's Ginger Snap nut butter blend, Gingerbread just leveled up. This is something everyone around the holiday table will agree on - and that's a very good thing!
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Snap Trail Butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 cup unsulphured molasses (I use Grandma's brand)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup Ginger Snap Trail Butter
- Whipped Cream
- Ginger Snap Trail Butter
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and prepare a 9"x9" baking pan by either generously greasing and flouring or by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine butter, Trail Butter and brown sugar in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until creamy.
- Add molasses and stir until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet until completely combined.
- Carefully stir in boiling water until ingredients are smooth and well-combined. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup Trail Butter on top and, with a knife, swirl Trail Butter into the batter.
- Bake at 350F (175C) for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving.