Leave it to Trail Butter Pro, Inga Beck, to hit us with a delicious Trail Butter inspired recipe when we least expect it! And all we have to say is... actually we can't say much of anything because we're too busy drooling over this recipe. Mmmm.
Recipe: Trail Butter Spiced Chai Flourless Cookies
Trail Butter is one of my favorite trail snacks, but I also enjoy it in many of my recipes.
Here’s one of my favorite sweeter off-the-bike snacks that are ridiculously easy to make. A delicious flourless, spicy, sugar cane-free alternative to a traditional peanut butter cookie that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
This recipe is especially good for those who don’t consume dairy, sugar cane,
and peanuts. It’s gluten-free, peanut-free, paleo, and keto-friendly.
1 cup Trail Butter Spiced Chai
1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
For those who aren’t familiar with monk fruit sweetener, it’s a natural, stevia blend. It looks and feels like sugar, and the best part? It does NOT leave you with a bitter aftertaste, something which many stevia blends possess. It also bakes VERY well.Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Using a cookie scoop or your hands, form small balls on the cookie sheet, spreading 3-4 inches apart. Press each ball into a cookie shape and press down with a fork.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are 'just' golden brown but still soft.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool until soft, firm, and chewy.
Store the cookies in a sealed container. They do travel well and can be brought on any adventure.