Trail Butter Ambassador, Kim Strom, shares her recent Trail Butter kitchen creation for your enjoyment. The perfect way to start your day - a delightful treat with your morning cup of joe! Give this real-food, nut-butter fueled recipe a try and let us know what you think!
Ingredients2 cups flour
3/4 cup raw cane sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Chocolate Coffee Trail Butter
1/2 cup oat milk (or other liquid)
optional: whole almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350F Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and dust with flour.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add Trail Butter and oat milk and mix with a fork.
3. Knead the dough adding water as needed to make a stiff, sticky ball. Knead almonds into batter. Divide in two and roll both halves into logs about 10 inches long. Set logs on the floured cookie sheet and flatten to about 6" wide.
4. Bake 30 minutes. Let logs cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
5. Slice logs into 1/2-inch strips and spread them out on the cookie sheet to give space between the pieces.
6. Reduce oven temp to 300F and bake another 20 minutes.
7. Allow to cool before storing. Dip in coffee, chicory, or tea.