Trail Butter Ambassador, Adrienne Taren, shows off her culinary skills and whips up a delicioso gluten-free pumpkin bread. Yum-tastic, is what we say. Make some for yourself, your friends, your neighbors and let us know if you agree!
- 4 eggs (or flax eggs for vegan)
- 1/2 cup of Trail Butter (I used the Chai Spice Almond Cashew Butter)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 Tablespoons Earth Balance spread (or butter, coconut oil, or ghee) - softened
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1.5 teaspoons cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- Extras if desired (dried cranberries, chocolate chunks, nuts, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan (I use Trader Joe's avocado oil spray.)
- Combine all wet ingredients (eggs, nut butter, maple syrup, pumpkin, butter) - with a stand mixer if you have one, or just stir the crap out of it with a large spoon like I do.
- Combine all dry ingredients (cassava flour, baking powder, spices.)
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Dump the whole thing into the loaf pan. Place in oven.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Lick the bowl (I won't tell anyone.)