There's no better way to start your day than with a bowl of 'Trail Butter Superfood Oatmeal' A delish combination of good-for-you ingredients to help get your engine going, whether heading out for a long adventure or just a long day on the job.
Special thanks to Trail Butter Pro, Inga Beck, for sharing this recipe. We can't seem to get enough of it!
- 2 cups organic gluten-free oats
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups unsweetened hemp milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or more if you like it sweeter)
- Toppings: sliced banana, cacao powder, hemp seeds, and Trail Butter Maple Syrup & Sea Salt *there isn’t any sugar cane used in this nut butter blend
Place all ingredients in a medium-size pot. Turn heat to medium/high and cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the oatmeal has thickened to a porridge.